Hello Troy,

Monday, May 23, 2011, 12:25:40 AM, you wrote:

> I've recently been keeping an eye on my mail statistics
> usingmailgraph http://mailgraph.schweikert.ch/ .  I'm impressed by
> the amount of spam/rejections achieved using just postgrey and some
> postfix restrictions.

> One thing that is puzzling me is the number of sent/received msgs.
> eg today's stats have 108 msgs sent and 187 received.  With the
> number of mailing lists I'm on and the number of users on thisfamily
> domain, that sounds about right for the received messages.

> But there is no way 108 messages were sent.  I don't think I
> personally sent any other than this one.  The other users on this
> domain would not have sent that many, maybe 10 tops.  It's the same
> for weekly and monthly stats.  The sent messages seems extremely
> high.

> Wondering if the "sent" for this application included the postfix
> rejection messages?  What other messages could be included?

> Sorry if this is OT here, but figured many users here would be
> familiar with it?

Hi Troy,

I  run  a  similar  setup  at  home  too (in addition to work).
Can I suggest you post your postconf -n to start with?

And if you've changed it at all your master.cf would help.

Be  sure  you're  not setup as an open relay too, but let us read over
your config here on the list to help you.

My  first  thought  from  the  default  install would be to switch off
soft_bounce in main.cf with soft_bounce = no

--
Regards,

Mark