Hi,

Le 06/06/2011 18:43, Wietse Venema a écrit :
St?phane MERLE:
Hi,

I can see in my logs that postfix is "waiting" for 10s between each email.
What are the name and arguments of the program that is waiting?
this is a php script using the mail command ...
$retour=mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers, $option5);

mailq | wc -l
I got a little more than 100 000 mails ....
mailq shows the content of the incoming, active and deferred queues.

If I check the queues, there are empty qshape active / deferred / incoming
You are looking at the wrong queue.

yes, that's my problem ... I usually check only active and deferred, that's why I am kind of lost ...

The problem for me is to purge the correct queue as they all seem to be
empty ...
The problem is looking at the right data.

Like, looking at the mail logfile, with all the warnings where
Postfix is trying to tell you that there is a problem.

http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#logging

In fact I get the fact that there is (was) a problem as the DNS of my hosting company were unavailable for a while (yes I know, unbelievable ... I put the french version of their explanation below) so all the FAI doing reverse DNS check were stuck so as my emails ... (and probably the reputation of the domains ...)

so now, I just try to unglue the smtp and "purge" all the queues ...

I am assuming that I should have a look at the "hold" queue as said by victor :

Also "hold" (with trailing "!") and "maildrop" queues.

but I am sorry, my english is not good enough to understand : "Given the scant
evidence posted, most likely this OP uses MailScanner..."

        Wietse

Stéphane

Internet-fr :

"Nous vous communiquons ci-après quelques précisions sur l'incident de samedi 4
juin 2011 relatif à notre nom de domaine internet-fr.net.
Aujourd'hui, il semble qu'il s'agisse d'un dysfonctionnement de notre registrar
dans le suivi et la remontée d'informations liés à notre nom de domaine.
Nous avons pris contact avec le registrar dès que nous avons eu connaissance de
l'incident pour correction."
Suite à notre intervention, nos DNS fonctionneront à nouveau correctement à
l'expiration du délai de propagation habituel, prévue au plus tard lundi 6 juin
2011 vers 22 heures.