On 6/14/2011 8:22 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 08:05:24PM -0500, Noel Jones wrote:

I was thinking a setting integrated with smtp_pix_workarounds would be more
automatic, with little maintenance once configured.

Given that the banner detection is incomplete (some pixen are not
obviously such) one still needs manual configuration for some cases,
so I am not convinced that any new feature is warranted, the receiving
systems need to be incented to fix their bug.

OTOH, the current pix detection and workarounds are not useless, so extending/improving them is worth discussing -- even if not necessarily worth doing.

At this time I'm inclined to set this aside. The DKIM bug doesn't seem to be widespread; there is no compelling case to add a new workaround right now.

Maybe an example of the current smtp_header_checks workaround (Ralf's was fine) could be added to the docs somewhere rather than a feature change.

  -- Noel Jones