On 2011-07-21 20:55, Eric Smith wrote:
The problem is this yahoo and yahoo alone fails to make connections, the
problem is random,most emails come through just fine, the specific
failures are not repeatable. But an parker of ours uses yahoo business
serves for their email, they are getting timeout bounces on 1 in 10 emails
sent to us.

That is the best description that I have for this issue.

As for the verboseness I added this debug_peer_list = yahoo.com to
main.cf. It fails with this off as well.

If its a local disk race condition why only yahoo and not any other
domain. If its DNS issue, why yahoo and no other domain?

I had thought that its a firewall mucking the TCP packets, no avail.

So I am probably missing something in either my setup or in the log file
hence why its included.

No, the remote SMTP server not connecting to your server is not caused by your configuration.
Do a tcpdump *on the internet connection*, to see what's what.

--
J.