On Tuesday, August 2, 2011, 10:31:44, Jason Gauthier wrote:
> Due to a new business requirement, I need to make a change with
> postfix that I am not certain how to handle.
> First, I use postfix as a relay only system.  It does not do local
> delivery.  Once it does it's tasks it passes the email to a backend email
> system.
> On the frontend, postfix handles several domains, and will bounce
> unknown email by using relay_recipients:
> relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients
>
> relay_recipients is populated from backend from legitimate email
> addresses.  These makes the postfix system a nice 'bouncer' for unknowns :)

The term reject is better than bounce. You're saying you don't want to
accept the mail so its up to the sending MTA to 'bounce' it if they are
legitimate.

> Now, my requirements have changes.  I have acquired a domain, we'll
> call it xyz.com.   I don't host it, and never have.  Therefore, I do
> not know what email addresses are valid.  I would like to capture
> *any* email address sent to xyz.com and accept it, and deliver it somehow.

One crucial question is what will xyz.com do if it doesn't like it?
Bouncing it is not an option.

--
r...@polylogics.com     "The avalanche has already started, it is too
Rod Dorman              late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh