I'd suggest configuring as secondary, setting the MX record for this box as a
primary, and use transport maps as suggested.

-Dennis Carr
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity and top
posting.....

Jason Gauthier <jgauth...@lastar.com> wrote:

Greetings,

Due to a new business requirement, I need to make a change with postfix that I
am not certain how to handle.
First, I use postfix as a relay only system. It does not do local delivery.
Once it does it's tasks it passes the email to a backend email system.
On the frontend, postfix handles several domains, and will bounce unknown email
by using relay_recipients:
relay_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients

relay_recipients is populated from backend from legitimate email addresses.
These makes the postfix system a nice 'bouncer' for unknowns :)

Now, my requirements have changes. I have acquired a domain, we'll call it
xyz.com. I don't host it, and never have. Therefore, I do not know what email
addresses are valid. I would like to capture *any* email address sent to
xyz.com and accept it, and deliver it somehow.

I'm not sure how to accomplish this task yet, and looking for ideas. One
inchoate idea I have, is translating all the email address to 'xyz.com' to an
existing, valid, email address.

Thanks,

Jason