We have Head Office and Small Office.

In Head Office, we have Mac OS X 10.6.7 Mail server (i.e. postfix).  For people
in Head Office, traffic to and from the mail server is over the fast LAN - no
problems.

In Small Office, we have two employees, let's call them Snail and Shoe.

Currently Snail and Shoe use the mail server in Head Office.  When Snail emails
Shoe, the message travels all the way to Head Office saturing the slow link
upstream.  Shoe then downloads the email from Head Office, which then saturates
the slow link downstream.

If Snail and Shoe are on the same LAN in the small office, there shouldn't be
any reason for the message to travel all the way back to head office, so my
question is:

How do I set up a local email server in Small Office using the same email
domain?

If Snail sends an email to Shoe, it would go to a local email server in Small
Office.  The local email server in Small Office would then check if Shoe is
located in Small Office, if not, it would pass the message on the Head Office,
but in this case, seeing that Shoe is in the local Small Office, the local mail
server would then keep the message in Small Office.  Shoe will then download it
from Small Office's local mail server, saving the slow link from saturation.

How do I do set up the servers this way?