On 2011-09-19 07:34, Michael Ribbons wrote:
I have ruled out the amavis setup.

What I need is a way to specify sender_bcc_maps only if the mail is sent from an authenticated user - This may be achievable by having a separate cleanup process for submission, but I don't want to use submission - The set up on the mua side should be a "normal" pop or imap setup with any special ports eg 587.

An email client, or Mail User Agent, does not use POP or IMAP to *send* mail.
I'm sure I pointed this out before.

Mail clients should use submission to send email to an MSA.
This goes over port 587 and must be authenticated and encrypted.

There's a whole RFC about it - 4409.

Since you say you want sender_bcc_maps applied only on authenticated user mail, this means you should be using submission, which mandates authentication.

Applying these settings only on submission is trivial, and works in the way you already indicated. The reason you claimed it did not is obvious - you did not use submission in the client.

--
J.