Hi,

I am getting bounces to one of my accounts on my personal server from an account that is forwarding mail. I administrate the entire server.

I am not invoking spamc or spamassassin system-wide nor by my account.

I am running postfix+amavisd+spamassassin to catch spam.

the system wide procmailrc looks like this
$ cat /etc/procmailrc
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
#Uncomment below for troubleshooting
VERBOSE=YES
LOGABSTRACT=YES

I just turned on logrotate for the log file

 ls -l /var/log/procmail.log
-rw------- 1 root mail 33821491 Nov  2 23:11 /var/log/procmail.log

After search the /var/log/procmail.log file I was unable to find a corresponding error message nor was I able to find a log for the message that was attempted delivery. Does anybody have ideas about what else to check please?

Here is my users' ~/.procmailrc

$ cat .procmailrc
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:$PATH
HOME=/home/<username>
MAILIN=$HOME/mail
DEFAULT=/var/mail/<username>
#MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
#LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=/var/mail/<username>.lock
NULL=/dev/null

I can see the bounce claiming "Command time limit exceeded: "/usr/bin/procmail"" back to my secondary account is originating from my machine by looking directly at the SMTP header. there is absolutely no spammers and spam email involved in this situation.

and there is a corresponding (Command time limit exceeded: "/usr/bin/procmail") log entry in /var/log/mail.log

so what can I do to circumvent procmail from claiming a time out. is there a global server setting I can configure?