* bsd <b...@todoo.biz>:
> > Good idea. Reject any message that can't be delivered immediately. That's
> > cheap. It takes place in the SMTP session before the payload has been sent
> > and
> > before a content filter, such as amavis, does ressource intensive filtering.
>
> Shall I do that using the "Postfix Before-Queue Content Filter", if so is It
> feasible or do you advise me to do that in the normal SMTP server using the
> classic "virtual_alias_maps"

Before or After Queue Filtering depends on legal requirements and how your
server can take the load.

In Germany, for example, you have to reject in session or you will get intro
trouble if you decide at a later stage to accept, but discard the message
later, because to the law this means you suppress delivery - which is a crime
in Germany.

And, if your server is so busy that it can't process message filtering while
the client waits for the server to accept the message, you should consider
After Queue Filtering.

As for your question regarding *_maps. Is your server a border filter (vulgo
SMTP Gateway) which accepts messages and forwards them to other servers or is
it a final destination where clients come to pick up messages?

p@rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):