Am 03.12.2011 16:43, schrieb DN Singh:
> I guess Mark does have some experience with TS01 defers of Yahoo. Can
> anyone confirm for upto how long does Yahoo accept the mails, after we
> stop it for 4 hours. I mean is it worth stopping delivery for "4 hours",
> and gathering  those mails?
> If so, I could on the path Wietse is suggesting, of tailing the maillog,
> and making suitable changes.
> Guys, hasn't anyone faced these issues from Yahoo, or Rediff or
> Hotmail?? If yes, please give your suggestions, share your experience
> about how you went about those issues.
>
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org
> <mailto:wie...@porcupine.org>> wrote:
>
>     Mark Goodge:
>     > > I've seen no evidence that this interpretation is correct. On what
>     > > basis do you assert that this is Yahoo's policy?
>     >
>     > Experience, mostly. I've found that ceasing retry attempts for four
>     > hours, then restarting, typically results in the queue clearing as
>     fast
>     > as you can send the emails without any further errors being generated.
>
>     This could be automated outside of Postfix by tailing the maillog
>     file and updating the defer_transports setting (see Victor's post).
>     It requires a "postfix reload" command to restart the queue manager.
>
>            Wietse

i use dkim and spf and a slow transport, and use whitelist features by
big mailers if exist. i also noticed that sometimes it takes a few days
if you use a "brand new" ip to deliver out until good reputation for
this ip is accepted, thats all and it works, no need for further
specials ( until general recommends for setting matching ptr records etc )

but in the past yahoo had unknown problems anyway, so i keep monitoring
this, but it always went away after some time, so watching logs is daily
work, but sometimes there is less you can do to fast deliver out
we also send mass mails without problems this way
but you always have to have an eye on it

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria