On Friday 02 December 2011 08:23:53 Mark Goodge wrote:
> To be more specific, Yahoo's code TS01 doesn't mean "You are
> sending us too much email and we want you to slow down". It means
> "We think you might be a spammer, so we are setting you a simple
> test of whether you can follow instructions". If you pass the
> test, then when you restart sending then you'll be able to get
> everything through - it won't be rate-limited by Yahoo.

I don't know what their TS01 means, but I do know that it does not
mean what they say it does. I have seen it on my small site before,
where I am reasonably certain that we could have caused no user
complaints.

At the time it was a participatory mailing list much like this one,
with seven Y! subscribers. I did nothing and the mail eventually was
delivered. Nowadays (after having been listed at DNSWL.org awhile,
which might have helped) our Yahoo mail is delivered along with all
the rest of it.

If the OP's site is cranking out enough bulk mail such as to create a
logjam and eventual bounces, that site needs to sign up for feedback
loops, as suggested upthread. Legitimate bulk mail sending is a big
chore. Consider that ESPs actually earn their money. Sometimes doing
things in-house is more expensive than outsourcing.