On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 20:03:59 -0500 (EST)
Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

> Wietse Venema:
> > >     bge1 @0:24 b <my_outside_ip>,25 -> 89.73.201.168,36545 PR
> > > tcp len 20 40 -AR OUT
> >
> > Why are you blocking outbound TCP RST?
>
> According to ipmon(8),

The web is rotting my brain.  I never thought to actually check, you
know, the manual page.

Good. Grief.

>                        -AR means the ACK and RST flags are set.
> My question is why is your firewall blocking outbound ACK|RST?

I'm using basically "canned" rulesets in my ipfilter setup.  That is
the default deny at the end of bge1's output filters.

I must've messed-up, somewhere.  I'll take a look in the morning.

Thanks, Wietse, Sahil, for the education.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is