Am 12.01.2012 13:03, schrieb Paul Junkermann:
> Dear Users,
> maybe someone has been walking along the same road as me and might help:
>
> I ran Postfix 2.7.0 (the package which comes with the Ubuntu Distro
> 10.04.3) for some time happily, with TLS and dovecot.
>
> At the beginning of 2012, I ran into the following problem:
> Receiving mail was working properly, but when sending via Thunderbird 8,
> I came across this behaviour:
> - small emails OK
>
> - larger emails with attachment:
> Thunderbird gives: SMTP-Server DDD.DDD.DDD.DDD Timeout
>
> In /var/log/mail.info:
> postfix/smtpd: lost connection after DATA from AAAA.AAAA.AA
> [DDD.DDD.DDD.DDD]
>
> In /var/log/mail.warn:
> postfix/smtpd: warning: TLS library problem: 20014:error:1408F119:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac:s3_pkt.c:422
>
> I found this error description on the net:
> http://readlist.com/lists/postfix.org/postfix-users/16/83463.html
>
> My conclusion was that I had to delve into the problem deeply to
> pinpoint the cause.
>
> Before doing this, I believed it to be a good idea to update every
> package involved (Thunderbird/OpenSSL/Postfix) to the newest version
> available, so I wouldn't debug something which might already be solved.
>
> For Installation of Postfix 2.8.7, I used this:
> apt-get build-dep postfix
> apt-get source postfix
> cd postfix-2.7.0
> uupdate ~/Downloads/postfix-2.8.7.tar.gz
> cd ../postfix-2.8.7
> dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -nc
>
> With the dpkg-buildpackage-command, on this line:
>
> gcc -Wmissing-prototypes -Wformat -DDEBIAN -DMAX_DYNAMIC_MAPS -DHAS_PCRE
> -DHAS_LDAP -DMYORIGIN_FROM_FILE -DHAS_CDB -DHAS_MYSQL
> -I/usr/include/mysql -DHAS_PGSQL -I/usr/include/postgresql -DHAS_SSL
> -I/usr/include/openssl -DUSE_SASL_AUTH -I/usr/include/sasl
> -DUSE_CYRUS_SASL -D_USE_TLS -02 -I. -I../../include -DLINUX2 -o master
> master.o master_conf.o master_ent.o master_sig.o master_avail.o
> master_spawn.o master_service.o master_status.o master_listen.o
> master_vars.o master_wakeup.o master_watch.o master_flow.o
> ../../lib/libglobal.a ../../lib/libutil.a -lssl -lcrypto -lsasl2
> -L/home/ubuntu/postfix-2.8.7/debian -ldb -lnsl -lresolv
>
> I get these errors:
>
> ../../lib/libglobal.a: undefined reference to 'PQresultStatus'
> ../../lib/libglobal.a: undefined reference to 'PQgetvalue'
>
> etcetera etcetera , approximately 30 lines in the same form.
>
> I don't know how to fix these errors with libglobal.a, and I don't know
> as well whether it was a good idea to upgrade at all.
>
> Has anyone an idea on how to proceed?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated,
>
> Paul

why not use

i.e.

https://launchpad.net/~christian-roessner-net/+archive/ppa

http://ppa.launchpad.net/christian-roessner-net/postfix/ubuntu/

http://ppa.launchpad.net/christian-roessner-net/postfix/ubuntu/pool/main/p/postfix/

i use it without any problems, as far i remember the only thing change
is that you need use service postfix start/stop cause the old init is
not implemented

anyway christian will answer about problems

after all i dont think simple upgrade it will fix your problems

ubuntu backport has
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid-backports/postfix
Package: postfix (2.8.5-2~build0.10.04)

if your better with that