On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 11:24:10PM +0200, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> On 19/1/2012 7:06 μμ, Noel Jones wrote:
>
> >or define the restriction in main.cf and refer to it
> >(or make up your own macro names)
>
> Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.
>
> These "macro names" seem really interesting. Can we use them
> in main.cf too (to define sets of restrictions) and how?

Sure, but you might also be interested in this for groups of
restrictions:

Using smtpd_restriction_classes allows you to use the class as a
restriction in its own right, such as from another lookup table.

If you want to see smtpd_restriction_classes gone crazy, refer to my
"howto" link from the site below. The particular page & sections you
would want is 02-postfix-sqlite.howto: see the main.cf and the
access-rcpt.query file therein. Bring a bottle of aspirin.

(Note: that howto document is not about restriction classes per se,
but it contains an extreme example of how they can be used.)

PS: I wasn't going to announce that howto on the list until the
    rewrite is done. I'm working on that as we speak.