On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:03:22PM -0600, I wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:08:30PM +0530, DN Singh wrote:
> > Guys, I did find find the culprit, but it was not in the yahoo
> > list, but the overall file. The entry was:
> >
> > ##################
> > co.in                REJECT Bad domain 1868
> > ##################
> >
> > I guess this should reject emails like a...@co.in, and not
> > a...@sss.co.in, right?

I see that I forgot to answer your question. In the former case,
definitely. In the latter case, given the default setting of
parent_domain_matches_subdomains, yes also. Thus I suggest changing
that setting as detailed further below.

> > Is this comparison right?? This way, one entry of .com, will reject
> > all mails to every .com domain. Please let me know if this true.

"com" matches every .com domain. If parent_domain_matches_subdomains
has been unset, then ".com" matches every .com domain.

> http://www/postfix.org/postconf.5.html#parent_domain_matches_subdomains
>
> I unset that, so that if I want to match a subdomain of

"Unset" here means adding to main.cf:

parent_domain_matches_subdomains =

I hope this is clearer now.