Hi, thank you for your reply.
The point here is that I don't want to store messages that I receive as final
destination, but those that, in a "normal" situation, I would act as a relay
for. My scenario is the following:

internet -> mta for user submission (smtp) -> sql backend

The mta isn't configured to be the final destination for the messages: it's
intended to accept mail (of course with authentication) and to store it in a
sql backend instead of contacting remote MXs. Ideally, I would need an "SMTP to
DB" converter, something more similar to a spool storage on database.

Thanks again,
Fabio