Hi guys,

We're currently developing a project where customers can add their own
domains to our mailsystem. The biggest problem would be that a customer adds
a domain he doesn't own or isn't represented by our mail cluster.
For example a customer adds ibm.com - a manual validation through one of our
employees isn't possible and an automated validation makes no sense since
the MX records could be changed at any time, which would force a re-check.

My thought was this: when sending the mail, configure postfix that he does a
MX lookup and sends the mail to the IP given by the lookup. In this case the
customer could add ibm.com, but he wouldn't be able to grab the mails sent
from our cluster. I tried a few things but haven't come to a clean solution
yet. Is there any way to configure postfix to always make MX record DNS
lookups, or is the only way through a second postfix instance that has no
localdomains specified?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Juergen