On 8/3/2012 6:40 πμ, Eero Volotinen wrote:

What is the best / reliable site to find newer postfix rpm packages
for centos 5 / rhel 5? by default it ships postfix 2.3.x and it's a
bit antique version.

Hi Eero,

These are considered fine: http://postfix.wl0.org/en/available-packages/, yet they diverge from standard (include VDA patch and possibly more non-standard options). But you can download the src.rpm and build RPMs yourself disabling any undesired options (see directions: http://postfix.wl0.org/en/building-rpms/).

Other SRPMs I know:
http://www.kutukupret.com/downloads-page/
http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/postfix/RPMS/ils-5/SRPMS/

Until now, I have not been able to find ready-made CentOS Postfix RPMs with standard-only options.

You could also compile from source as described here: http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2011/01/building-postfix-2-8-on-rhel5-centos-5-from-source/

I currently use the latter methodology since a year or so on a number of systems and it works fine.

However, if someone can point to ready-made RPMs with standard-only options, I would be interested as well, as building from source does not scale well.

Note that this has been discussed again in this list. See for example: