Daniel L. Miller:
> I'm sure I've done something dumb as usual - I just don't see it.
>
> My users are all virtual and stored in LDAP.  I also have LDAP aliases.
> I also have recipient, sender, canonical, and transport entries.
>
> I have defined a particular alias in LDAP - this alias is mapped to two
> users.  If I send a message to that alias, using Hotmail as an external
> test, it processes correctly.
>
>  From main.cf:
> smtpd_sender_restrictions =
>      reject_unlisted_sender,
>      check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/maps/fax-access
>
> and fax-access:
> mess...@inbound.efax.com        REDIRECT        theal...@amfes.com

As documented, REDIRECT affects all recipients. It is meant to yank
mail out of its normal path, and was originally implemented for
emergencies (that is also why the feature is not subject to canonical,
virtual alias, or BCC address mappings, and none of this is properly
documented).

In other words, don't use REDIRECT for routine mail processing.

        Wietse