* Amira Othman <a.oth...@cairosource.com>:

> > Hi all
> >

> > I am building system that will send mails to list of users but I need to
> > stop receiving error emails or redirect them to another account or
> > /dev/null. I know it is bad idea but the application I am using will  handle
> > bounce mails so I don't need error email to  be sent to the end user .
>
> If your application is handling bounce mails, why not send those
> to the application then? Otherwise it cannot handle them, can it?
>

> I don't know how to redirect them to because it's not in the format
> user@domain it's null sender.
the SENDER is null
the recipient is ???

> where can I add this if it's possible?

The bounce goes back to the original sender. The usual way is this:

When sending mail to ralf.hildebra...@charite.de, on would set the
sender to:

nameoflist-bounces+ralf.hildebrandt=charite...@sending.domain.com

So, if mail to "ralf.hildebra...@charite.de" bounces, it goes back to
"nameoflist-bounces+ralf.hildebrandt=charite...@sending.domain.com",
and by converting "nameoflist-bounces+ralf.hildebrandt=charite.de"
back to "ralf.hildebra...@charite.de" the app knows which address
bounced.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt