Originally, I was trying to make "smtpd_sender_restrictions" work, but Noel Jones (thanks again!) clued-me into the config-option "authorized_submit_users" when using the sendmail (or derivative) binaries. I tried unsuccessfully making some form of unix:group.byname work like these options:
    authorized_submit_users=!unix:group.byname, static:all
    authorized_submit_users=!unix:group.byname=badUnixGroup, static:all

Short of creating a cronjob-script to regularly re/create a HASH file of disallowed users in the Unix group, is there something obvious I am missing?