On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 05:05:16PM -0400, JLP wrote:
> Originally, I was trying to make "smtpd_sender_restrictions"
> work, but Noel Jones (thanks again!) clued-me into the
> config-option "authorized_submit_users" when using the sendmail
> (or derivative) binaries.  I tried unsuccessfully making some
> form of unix:group.byname work like these options:
>     authorized_submit_users=!unix:group.byname, static:all
>     authorized_submit_users=!unix:group.byname=badUnixGroup, static:all
>
> Short of creating a cronjob-script to regularly re/create a HASH
> file of disallowed users in the Unix group, is there something
> obvious I am missing?

You missed the postconf(5) manual, specifically the description of
authorized_submit_users. Negation can apply to a /file/name but not
to a type:table lookup.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#authorized_submit_users

You'll want to make your list, e.g., /etc/postfix/nosend, and then
negate the list:

    authorized_submit_users=!/etc/postfix/nosend, static:all

Two bits of general advice:

You might want to save a link in your browser to your
$html_directory. Everything is in there; no need to guess. I don't
see any reference to your "unix:group.byname=badUnixGroup" syntax,
therefore I'd assume that it is not implemented.

Having untrusted shell users on a machine is a bad idea. If you
cannot trust them to honor your mail policies, can you trust them to
refrain from other nefarious activities?