Am 11.07.2012 23:31, schrieb Ben Rosengart:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 08:36:37PM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 08:06:06AM +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>>
>>> you can split up this with e.g. transport tables
>>
>> Yes, but these are then different on the destination hosts
>> (local delivery) than on the origin hosts (smtp delivery to
>> the destination hosts). This precludes a central data source
>> for the transport tables (LDAP, SQL, ...).
>
> Wouldn't the table be unused on the destination host?  That doesn't
> seem to me to preclude a central store.
>
>> Generally, it is better to rewrite the recipient addresses from a
>> shared virtual domain (example.com) to a recipient specific
>> destination domain (site.example.com) and just let site-local
>> "mydestination" or "virtual_mailbox_domains", ... settings
>> determine whether the mail is forwarded or delivered locally.
>
> Having worked with a system done your way and a system which preserved
> constant envelopes, I would say that the differences are minor and
> essentially a matter of taste.

beside tec solutions to postfix, perhaps it would better in general
to have central smtp relay at i.e at singapur, split up there and
transport to i.e other asia and australia,pacific
and/or work with (sub)domains
for sure  you need a working spreading recipient addresses mech ever
whatever it will look like

such mail routing layouts deeply depends on many factors, in the past
i.e traffic with slow lines in asia needed to be extra handled
--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer