On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Wietse Venema wrote:

Tomas Macek:
There is still one thing, that I don't understand: when exactly the
postfix says that he is not stressed and restarts the processes with
stress=no?
This is not done when less then default_process_limit smtpd processes are
run, because I experienced on my system (default_process_limit = 200),
that smtpd with stress=yes were run when there were just 121 smtpd's run
in total. Strange?

Strange, do you really expect Postfix to flip status immediately
when load drops under the limit, or do you expect it to behave in
a more rational manner and announce that "peace has come" when the
load has stayed under the limit for some minimal amount of time?

And what is the minimal amount of time? I'm still unable to find it, how much time that means.

Tomas