On 11/30/2012 6:08 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Stan Hoeppner:
>> That said, given the ongoing clock issues that all the guest/hypervisor
>> combos have always experienced to some degree, and will forever
>> experience no matter how good the mitigation hacks, it is my opinion,
>> and Wietse's, and many others, that mail is not really a suitable
>> application for most virtual environments.  I'm sure you'll now write at
>
> Um, I have pointed out failures. I do not claim that all virtualization
> environments fail to meet the requirements.
>
>       Wietse

My apologies for the mis-attribution Wietse.  I agree not all virtual
environments have clock problems serious enough to avoid deploying mail
servers.  I stated "most", which may likely be better described today as
"many".  It's still a problem with Linux on ESX though not as bad as it
once was, and it's bad today with Linux on Linux.  I would think with
IBM's ingenuity and 30 some years of virtual machine experience that
Linux on zSeries would have no clock drift at all, but I have no first
hand experience with this platform, and I have no experience and pay no
attention to what Oracle is doing with Solaris virtualization,
"containers" I believe they call it.

--
Stan