Viktor Dukhovni:
> I've not looked too closely at what it would take for "postconf"
> to be able to perform fully recursive parameter expansion. It is
> apparently a bit tricky (from past conversations with Wietse). It
> would be useful however.

I restructured the postconf code 12 months ago, to add support for
"unknown parameter" warnings, service-dependent parameter names
(foo_destination_concurrency_limit etc.), and master.cf.

Thanks to this, it is no longer a problem to add support for parameter
expansion. I'll have a fully-working version by the end of the day.