--snip--
> Not in this case, sending NDRs with a non-null envelope sender address is a
> fundamental violation of the robustness requirements of SMTP. This goes
> beyond working-around misconfiguration to flagrant violation of a basic
> design requirement that prevents congestive collapse of the mail system.
>
> --
>       Viktor.

I understand the potential consequences (bouncing bounce-backs!). I was hoping
someone had a clever fix to work around the issue I was having but it appears
my initial thought was correct and I'll need to find an alternative method to
send mail.

I didn't mean to start an argument about breaking RFC's.

Again, thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

James