On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:58:34 +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

>This has nothing to do with spam. One can just as easily send spam
>as <mal...@example.com> as one can as <>. The ISP can equally easily
>track it down, since the Received: headers will contain the offending
>IP address.

I don't know if you are seeing the storm I'm seeing that works like
this:

Spammer sends mail to my domain using a target like
<jixnzq...@witworx.com> and of course that is not accepted at entry.

However there are masses of idiots who accept and bounce and so I see:
<uhpuagek...@witworx.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-pa0-f68.google.com>
in bounce messages that did not originate in my domain.

The spammer is hoping for his message to be bounced so that it looks
like the spam came from an innocent domain.

I aasume that the content is spam. I don't have time to probe messages
that may even have malware involved.

I wonder how many bounced messages are read at the falsely accused
domain....

R/

*** NOTE *** Please DO NOT CC me. I <am> subscribed to the list.
Mail to the sender address that does not originate at the list server is
tarpitted. The reply-to: address is provided for those who feel compelled to
reply off list. Thankyou.

Rod/
---
This life is not the real thing.
It is not even in Beta.
If it was, then OpenBSD would already have a man page for it.