Quoting Viktor Dukhovni <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org>:

On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 07:00:54PM +0200, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:

Quoting wie...@porcupine.org:

>http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_maps
>http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html
>
>    Wietse

Yes, but the problem seems to be that the address is rewritten to
uid@mail.server before the transport maps comes into play.

Yes, you're shooting yourself in the foot.  Don't do that.  Instead
of imposing a fixed mailbox address domain on all users retrieve
the right value from LDAP or leave the user's original address
alone.  Your existing rewrite rule is the problem.

I tend to agree with that. Please understand that it was implemented quite some time ago in the Postfix 1.x days and have worked ever since, this is the first serious issue I've seen since.

But perhaps it is time for a complete rewrite... uggg.

Thanks,