forgot LDAP support?

suomi

On 2013-06-14 08:50, Manuel Badzong wrote:
Hi,

I would like to introduce mail gopher, a new all-in-one, MIT-licensed
mail filter.

Mopher is designed to be lightweight, modular and extensible, has
several unique features and uses a very flexible and customizable
configuration syntax that is very similar to the common firewall
rule-lists some of us are already familiar with.

Mopher can:

        + tarpit hosts
        + greylist hosts
        + greylist based on sender/recipient tuples
        + greylist based on sender-domain/recipient tuples
        + auto-whitelist hosts
        + auto-whitelist based on sender/recipient tuples
        + auto-whitelist based on sender-domain/recipient tuples
        + query black- and whitelists
        + query for SPF records
        + speak with spamassassin (through spamd)
        + reject during any protocol stage
        + act on body-size
        + count connections by hosts
        + count failed/successful delivery attempts by hosts
        + inject headers with all available information
        + log all available information (in a format of choice)
        + archive mails

Mopher has:

        + a db-independent data backend
        + dynamically loadable modules
        + extensible syntax (by modules)
        + well structured default logging

Mopher supports:

        + most libmilter features
        + Berkeley DB
        + MySQL
        + libspf2
        + PSL (by Mozilla, see http://publicsuffix.org/)

Mopher compiles and runs on:

        + GNU/Linux
        + NetBSD
        + FreeBSD

Mopher runs on a couple of production servers, I ran the daemon
(mopherd) extensively through valgrind and tested it on several
occasions with smtp-source.

Due to its modular design, package maintainers can split up a large
build into several packages and therefore avoid unwanted dependencies.
A pkgsrc-package already exists (see pkgsrc-wip) and I'll probably
create a Debian-/RPM-package if nobody else does it in the meantime.

Mopher ist extensible, hence there are several things that could be
added to mopher in the near future:

        + legacy BDB support
        + SQLite support
        + PostgreSQL support
        + NoSQL archiving support (any backend possible)
        + DCC support
        + DKIM verification support
        + ...

Mopher is hosted on GitHub, has a Mailing-List (with some useful
configuration examples) and could some day also get a Wiki:

        + https://github.com/badzong/mopher
        + https://groups.google.com/group/mopher

Thank you all very much for reading and I hope some of you will give it
a shot.

Cheers,

Manuel

P.S. Feedback is always welcome; either public or private.