On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:48:51PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:37:11PM +0200, Petar Bogdanovic wrote:
> > It's a milter that some people on this list might find useful.
>
> So it only supports what the milter server can do.

Mopher is a milter (or mail filter) and the original mail never
described it as being anything else than a milter (e.g. an MTA).

> > So kernel space then?
>
> A milter can't do that anyway,

It was a rhetorical question since I wasn't sure what you were saying.

> > It helps with domain-based greylisting.  There are no simple rules when
> > figuring out the registered part of a fqdn.
>
> So you do greylisting based on DNS reverse lookups?

In that particular case, mopher doesn't need to do any lookups but uses
whatever libmilter provides as sender hostname (which, at least in case
of Postfix, should be a PTR RR that matches with the according A RR).
It then extracts the registered part with the help of the PSL rule-set.

The default greylisting is therefore based on the following triplet:
sender domain (the registered part), envelope from and recipient.

                Petar Bogdanovic