Hi Wietse,

Thanks for you reply. I may be wrong but I just know what I read in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321#section-4.5.4

>  The sender MUST delay retrying a particular destination after one
>  attempt has failed.  In general, the retry interval SHOULD be at
>   least 30 minutes; however, more sophisticated and variable strategies
>   will be beneficial when the SMTP client can determine the reason for
>   non-delivery.

Can you help me understand as to where I'm wrong? It says that after one
attempt is made, it should delay the next retry.
Is it like, all MXs (ip addresses) are tried in one go before actually
deferring a mail?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,