Hi Wietse,

This helps. Half reading is always bad. This clears everything about my
doubt.

One other thing still remains. I've multiple smtp services defined like
this. (in master.cf, to use different IPs, selected randomly)

ob-smtp1   unix    -       -       n       -       -     smtp
  -o smtp_bind_address=1.2.3.4
  -o syslog_name=postfix-smtp1
ob-smtp2   unix    -       -       n       -       -     smtp
  -o smtp_bind_address=5.6.7.8
  -o syslog_name=postfix-smtp2

I suppose that if a message delivered via one of the transport and
deferred, it'll always be tried via the same "smtp service". Is there a
possibility where I can change the smtp service while retrying for a
already deferred mail?

--
Regards,
Abhijeet Rastogi (shadyabhi)