On 02 Aug 2013, at 12:43 , Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

> Niclas Arndt:
>>> Which greylist program are you using? The one bundled with
>>> Postfix has been tested only with the default *BSD Berkeley
>>> DB implementation (db1.85). It should probably be retired.
>>>
>>>     Wietse
>>
>> Thanks Wietse. I'm using the one bundled with Postfix. openSUSE 12.3 is on
>> db4.8.3. ;-)
>>
>> It sounds like I should change to another greylist. Which would you
>> recommend?

What's wrong with just using Post Screen? It does what postgrey does, and more.
And *much* more efficiently.

> postgrey is a popular implementation.

I stopped using postgrey because I found it too bothersome to configure with
the various Internet-incompetent companies that do things like retry from
different servers or never retry at all. I was spending much too much time
fixing broken hosts.

--
"I'm not bad; I'm just drawn that way."