Brian Armstrong:
> I am trying to set up postfix to send bounced messages to an external script
> to log the bounce to an external logging service so that we can monitor
> bounce rates to different recipient domains. I want to keep the default
> bounce behavior intact, so bounce notices are still send to the original
> sender.
>
> I have been hunting and testing different configurations for 2 days and
> haven't had success, yet, in figuring it out.

Configure the appropriate bounce-recipient and use a transport map
to pipe mail for that recipient into a script:

/etc/postfix/main.cf
     notify_classes = bounce, ....
     bounce_notice_recipient = u...@example.com

/etc/postfix/transport:
     u...@example.com   bounce-pipe:

/etc/postfix/master.cf
     bounce-pipe  ....  pipe
        flags=xxx user=yyy argv=/path/to/script

# postmap /etc/postfix/transport
# postfix reload

The bounce message contains the failed recipient (the Final-Recipient:
field) and the envelope sender (the X-Postfix-Sender: field). An
example of all this is at the end of ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.