Hello

Today while checking security I stumbled upon a weird spoof problem.
I have enabled SPF checking and and reject_sender_login_mismatch and
everything works.
But, If I try to send email from an external SMTP server and try to spoof as
shown below, all my SPF and stuff checks will fail.

Information:
My mail server hostname: mail.domain.tld
My email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]

Using  https://www.wormly.com/test_smtp_server
<https://www.wormly.com/test_smtp_server>   for easy testing

Setting SMTP Server to my mail server or IP
If I try to send from [email protected] to [email protected], the email will
be blocked by SPF check as it should.

Now comes the fun part:
If I try to send email from [email protected] or
[email protected] to [email protected] the mail will pass through

Postfix logs when spoofing [email protected]:
Nov  9 06:06:15 ns4 postfix/smtpd[790]: 7A96E41865:
client=node-mec2.wormly.com[1xx.xx.2xx.xx]
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/cleanup[796]: 7A96E41865: info: header Subject:
SMTP Test Message from node-mec2.wormly.com[1xx.xx.2xx.xx];
from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP
helo=<www.wormly.com>
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/cleanup[796]: 7A96E41865: message-id=<>
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/qmgr[31577]: 7A96E41865:
from=<[email protected]>, size=736, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 clamsmtpd: 100044: accepted connection from: 127.0.0.1
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/smtpd[799]: connect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/smtpd[799]: 1BDF54259A:
client=localhost[127.0.0.1], orig_queue_id=7A96E41865,
orig_client=node-mec2.wormly.com[1xx.xx.2xx.xx]
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/cleanup[796]: 1BDF54259A: message-id=<>
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/qmgr[31577]: 1BDF54259A:
from=<[email protected]>, size=936, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 clamsmtpd: 100044: [email protected],
[email protected], status=CLEAN
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/smtp[797]: 7A96E41865: to=<[email protected]>,
relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10025, delay=0.85, delays=0.76/0/0.04/0.05,
dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 1BDF54259A)
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/qmgr[31577]: 7A96E41865: removed
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/smtpd[799]: disconnect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 postfix/smtpd[790]: disconnect from
node-mec2.wormly.com[1xx.xx.2xx.xx]
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 spamd[2694]: spamd: connection from localhost
[127.0.0.1] at port 54746
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 spamd[2694]: spamd: setuid to user2.domain.tld succeeded
Nov  9 06:06:16 ns4 spamd[2694]: spamd: processing message (unknown) for
user2.domain.tld:1061
Nov  9 06:06:18 ns4 spamd[2694]: spamd: clean message (0.1/5.0) for
[email protected]:1061 in 2.0 seconds, 1041 bytes.
Nov  9 06:06:18 ns4 spamd[2694]: spamd: result: . 0 - MISSING_MID
scantime=2.0,size=1041,[email protected],uid=1061,required_score=5.0,rhost=localhost,raddr=127.0.0.1,rport=54746,mid=(unknown),autolearn=no
Nov  9 06:06:18 ns4 postfix/local[801]: 1BDF54259A:
to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>,
relay=local, delay=2.3, delays=0.05/0/0/2.3, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent
(delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail-wrapper -o -a $DOMAIN -d $LOGNAME)

I am out of ideas on how to prevent this.
Any help much appreciated.






--
View this message in context: 
http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Strange-spoof-problem-tp62897.html
Sent from the Postfix Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply via email to