Simon Effenberg:
> On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 08:54:40 +0530
> tejas sarade <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > If lookup fails Postfix will use default transport.
>
> Sure but this is only _one_ "hard-coded" transport and not one I can
> dynamically change like in the tcp_table lookup.
>
> So it looks like as if the logic tries to minimize the lookup queries
> and expect all tables which are more than a "key"=>"value" mapping
> knows with _one_ query if it is responsible or not.
>
> That means I can't use static hash tables for domains if I want to have
> a tcp table which gives me a default value if _no other hash based_
> table has a domain hit.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong.
transport_maps can use hash tables AND tcp tables. transport_maps
queries each table in the specified order, and stops when a result
is found. When no result is found, Postfix uses default_transport.
Wietse-