btb:
> with respect to my previous question about address verification, i think
> i'm not understanding address_verify_poll_delay correctly.  while
> working on troubleshooting the 6.2 second delay during the smtp
> handshake, i'd set address_verify_poll_delay to 15 seconds, expecting
> that postfix would then wait up to that long for verification of an
> address to occur.

address_verify_poll_delay (default: 3s)
   The DELAY BETWEEN QUERIES for the completion of an address verification
   request in progress.

address_verify_poll_count (default: normal: 3, overload: 1)
   HOW MANY TIMES TO QUERY the verify(8) service for the completion of  an
   address verification request in progress.