Noel Jones:
> On 10/7/2014 10:53 AM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 11:32:47AM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:
> >
> >> What else needs to be considered?
> >>
> >> There are more settings whose defaults can be confusing to people
> >> who aren't familiar with 10+ years of Postfix history.
> >>
> >> - relay_domains (default: $mydestination). This should be empty.
> >>
> >> - mynetworks-style (default: subnet). This should be "host".
>
> I like the above two changes.  The defaults often are confusing for
> people new to postfix.

OK, these will have compatibility level 2.

I'm considering settings where the need for backwards compatibility
is relatively easy to detect, that is, if the system relies on the
old default setting, then Postfix's BC warning message is likely
to show up during common usage.

For this reason I'll stay away from rarely-used features such as
allow_percent_hack and swap_bangpath. The purpose of the BC safety
net is to keep sysadmins out of trouble.

As for biff, I haven't used that since I switched from a BSD/OS
workstation to a FreeBSD server in 2000. Fourteen years of UDP
datagrams wasted...