Am 22.10.2014 um 11:53 schrieb Austin Einter:
This issue was resolved by changing port to 465. Not sure why 587 do not
work.

because you need to understand that 587 is STARTTLS and 465 is not and so you need the correct client configuration for the port

https://www.fastmail.fm/help/technical/ssltlsstarttls.html

you did not mention in your OP SSL at all but be ware that telnet in context of SSL makes no sense

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 2:39 PM, li...@rhsoft.net: