Am 03.11.2014 um 16:24 schrieb Erwan David:
On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 04:09:03PM CET, "li...@rhsoft.net" <li...@rhsoft.net>
said:

Am 03.11.2014 um 16:04 schrieb Kurt Petersen:
I've just installed Debian with Postfix and MySQL. Later I found out
that I also needed the postfix-mysql package.

I now get an error that Postfix cannot connect to
/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

does it exist?

Does anybody got a hint?

you provide no information about your config

* make sure mysqld is running
* verify that /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock is the socket
   configured for mysqld
* if not adjust your postfix configuratoon

And check whether your postfix is chrooted, if yes adjust (either move
the socket inside the chroot or deactivate the chroot for postfix)

or use proxy read maps which is anyways a good idea to reduce mysql conections and buffer overhead for each connection

Debian afaik still have chroot enabled by default