On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 09:43:59AM -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:

> Normally, Postfix makes delivery decisions based on the recipient
> address. If you want to deliver the same recipient in multiple
> places, then you need to create a backup copy of the message:
>
> - Either send the backup copy directly to the backup system as shown
> below:
>
>                                     /-backup system
> network - smtpd - smtpd_proxy_filter
>                                     \-smtpd....

If you don't want to use an SMTP "Y" proxy, you can use recipient_bcc_maps
with regexp tables, I believe examples are in the list archives.

    BCC mapping via regexp or PCRE:
        u...@example.net        u...@example.net@archive.example.com

    transport:
        archive.example.com     archive:[archive.example.com]:2525

    master.cf:
        archive unix ... smtp
            -o smtp_generic_maps=...

with smtp_generic_maps stripping the appended domain, and now the
archive gets the same message envelope as the real mail flow.

The "advantage" of the "Y" proxy is that mail is never delivered
without being archived.  With the above, mail might be delivered
first, and then the mail server disk crashes, and the archive copy
is never sent.

--
        Viktor.