Hi,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 05:59:47PM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> If you don't want to use an SMTP "Y" proxy, you can use recipient_bcc_maps
> with regexp tables, I believe examples are in the list archives.
>
>     BCC mapping via regexp or PCRE:
>       u...@example.net        u...@example.net@archive.example.com
>
>     transport:
>       archive.example.com     archive:[archive.example.com]:2525
>
>     master.cf:
>       archive unix ... smtp
>           -o smtp_generic_maps=...
>
> with smtp_generic_maps stripping the appended domain, and now the
> archive gets the same message envelope as the real mail flow.

Thanks for the suggestion. That is quite close to what I was planning to
do.
It is sad however that the pipe delivery processes have no
pipe_generic_maps option that would behave like smtp_generic_maps for
the smtp delivery processes, so I could rewrite the target directly in
my bsmtp target. Anyway, it should be easy to workaround by looping back
into postfix. I will investigate this solution further.

> The "advantage" of the "Y" proxy is that mail is never delivered
> without being archived.  With the above, mail might be delivered
> first, and then the mail server disk crashes, and the archive copy
> is never sent.

Point taken, but it’s still much better than the current situation where
up to 24 hours of e-mail may be lost…

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Boullis