Am 28.11.2014 um 17:19 schrieb Wietse Venema:
Jose Borges Ferreira:
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 2:13 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
Can you in a few words explain what the difference is, without
asking the reader to dig into other mailing list messages?

I just reference the other lists for full context and quoted the relevant parts.

I'm just pointing that the Milter documentation*, quote:

"Postfix currently does not apply content filters to mail that is
forwarded or aliased internally, or to mail that is generated
internally such as bounces or Postmaster notifications. This may be a
problem when you want to apply a signing Milter to such mail."

This documentation contradicts my current Postfix implementation. I'm
using a Milter to sign bounces.
People reading that paragraph can wrongly assume that Postfix isn't
capable of signing bounce , when it can.

The documentation DOES NOT CLAIM that Postfix cannot use a Milter
to sign bounces.

don't get me wrong but "Postfix currently does not apply content filters to mail that is forwarded or aliased internally, or to mail that is generated internally such as bounces or Postmaster notifications. This may be a problem when you want to apply a signing Milter to such mail" claims exactly that for every reader

The documentation DOES say that applying filters to bounces can
result in loss of mail