Hello Noel,

-----Original Message----- From: Noel Jones
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:20 AM

You want to conditionally run some extra restrictions based on the
outcome of prior restrictions?  Some of the existing policy servers
do weighted scoring, which gives very similar results.

Conditional greylisting?  Some of the existing greylisting daemons
do that already.

Do you have any specific suggestions?
I looked at several policy servers and could not find one that could be (natively) configured to do what I want -- and I would like to avoid hacking/patching the internals... In fact, generally I feel that one of the problems with existing policy servers is that there are too many of them, without clear leader or clear comparison available =)

Add a bunch of extra info to the policy service protocol?  Probably
not going to happen without a compelling use-case.  Most of the
postfix built-in envelope tests are easily recreated in perl from
the information already supplied.

As I said, I would like to avoid hacking/patching as well as recreating (probably not quite accurately) the tests already available in Postfix. But it may be an option, yes.

Not trying to be negative, just trying to understand.  Thinking
outside the box is what drives projects forward.

Yeah, thanks a lot, in fact I asked for alternative suggestions in my original message =)

Best wishes
Eugene