On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 06:29:11 Darren Pilgrim wrote:
> On 1/18/2015 12:49 PM, SW wrote:
> > I have contacted the port maintaner but he couldn't help.
> >
> > Can anyone else assist please?
>
> There are known issues with DNS lookups in python.  You could use
> postfix-policyd-spf-perl instead.

For posterities sake: the problem was a known issue in the Python2 version of
the DNS module.  The fix is here:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/vivid/python-dns/vivid/view/head:/debian/patches/pydns_timeout.patch

I've pinged upstream again about getting a new release done with the fix in it.

The Python3 port of DNS has the fix in the latest release.

Since the current release of the policy server works with either python(2) or
python3, depending on the OS/distribution it may be running with either
depending on how it's packaged.

Scott K