On 01 Feb 2015, at 03:13 , li...@rhsoft.net wrote:
> if you build software from source build native packages for your OS, that
> cleans up things and avoids the system pulling the OS vendors version which
> conflicts with something below /usr/local

I normally do that, but in this case I was upgrading everything in preparation
for moving to FreeBSD 9.3. I made sure to tell portmaster to install into
/usr/sbin and /etc/postfix instead of /usr/local/… but I had forgotten that
years ago I’d installed postfix in /usr/local/… in the first place.

2.11 has been painless so far, and the ability to specify two delimiters has
been worth the effort.

--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forego their use."