Quite a few users are forwarding their mail to either yahoo or gmail, which is
causing a lot of trouble because both services see spam being forwarded and
blacklist the sending server (me). Gmail at least seems to calm down after a
little while, but delays on some mail can be many hours.

These are users who are setting their own forwarding up via postfixadmin and
getting forwarded by postfix based on the mysql lookup in
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf, so the messages aren’t
getting filtered at all (beyond what postscreen can do, of course).

Is there anything that I can do about this on my end? Someway I can at least
run spamassassin over the mail so I can not forward obvious spam? And if I AM
forwarding obvious spam its at least marked as such by SA which might help.

The gmail issues are mailq entries that look like this:

D210621494D    12700 Tue Feb  3 21:30:55  n...@dontyoudropthat.com
(host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.22.26] said: 421-4.7.0
[75.148.37.66      15] Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0
unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0
users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0
rate limited. Please visit 421-4.7.0
http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html to review our Bulk 421 4.7.0
Email Senders Guidelines. z39si14220069gz.97 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA
command))

That message eventually delivered at 03:09 today. Now, in this case it looks
like it was probably spam and so the delay doesn’t matter, but sometimes the
mail that is delayed is not spam.

The only thing I can say at this point is “Google is delaying your mail” which
is true, but not very useful.

--
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of
night