On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 08:39:05AM -0700, LuKreme wrote:
> Quite a few users are forwarding their mail to either yahoo or gmail, which
> is causing a lot of trouble because both services see spam being forwarded
> and blacklist the sending server (me). Gmail at least seems to calm down
> after a little while, but delays on some mail can be many hours.
>
> These are users who are setting their own forwarding up via postfixadmin and
> getting forwarded by postfix based on the mysql lookup in
> proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf, so the messages aren’t
> getting filtered at all (beyond what postscreen can do, of course).
>
> Is there anything that I can do about this on my end? Someway I can at least
> run spamassassin over the mail so I can not forward obvious spam? And if I AM
> forwarding obvious spam its at least marked as such by SA which might help.

Hi,

We run spamassassin against all Email, both sent and received by our mail
systems. As a result of off-campus forwarding, we now deposit messages
identified as spam in a sender specific outbound-spam folder. That together
with blocking senders with excessive message counts per unit of time has
helped keep us off the block/slow-down lists. For Yahoo, in particular,
make certain you subscribe to their feedback loop and disable the forwarding
for anyone who shows up, or educate them to just delete messages and not
train them as spam. Otherwise, all mail sent to them can be blocked for an
inconvenient amount of time.

Regards,
Ken